La Rambla


I'm back in Siegen after a good time in Siurana. I'm glad to be taking the Rambla sending experience home with me.

I tried it last year and I wasn't lucky. This time it went better.

It was a big challenge for me, to get the endurance and to be patient.

I don't like giving up when I know that I can do something. I needed to be very patient.
Each time when I felt close and thought I would do it soon, something kept me from having good tries.

Normally it's like that at least once or two times when I try something hard, but in La Rambla it was a bit crazy:

I cut my skin many times and with tape I couldn't fit into some holds or wasn't able to do my crux move...

Sometimes my finger was swollen so I couldn't enter the crack in the beginning....

I slipped off from humid holds several times....



For a few days the top part stayed wet after the rain...



I usually like wind and low temperatures, but some days were extremely windy and cold... 

Luckily during this trip there was only one warm day, but last year it was a way too hot . And I also ran out of climbing shoes, so I had to organize new ones… never happened before :-)
 

All that made it very exciting! It was a lot of fun climbing on it as well as having a good time with good people.  Thanks to everyone!




Now I go to finish another exciting project:

 Jung's Boulderhalle 

the bouldergym my brother Markus and I will open soon in Siegen :)








3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Great pictures! Nice to get to know you during this season. Good luck with the gym!

The swedes at siurana camp

daniel hat gesagt…

Thank you! Was nice to meet you and play the funny games! Hope to see you an other trip again :-)

Moniek hat gesagt…

Super that you did it, impressive!! I remember years ago that you did things like zona 0 as an evening route and now La Rambla, congratulations and enjoy!