Patagonia 1

My first trip to South America. It was a very spontaneous idea... During the Ice Climbing Festival in Kandersteg I was talking with Nico about Bigwalls in Patagonia. He planned to go there two weeks later. I didn't have any plans for February because I thought I had to learn for university. But at the end I could spend one month travelling. I was very lucky to book a good flight only 6 days before I set off to Argentinia.

After a long flight I reached Buenos Aires. The plan was to go to Bariloche to meet Sean, Nico, Silvia and Hormiga. But sadly I couldn't get a bus in the evening and I had to spend an uncomfortable night at Retio bus station .


I had to travel 1500 km on the bus. First the landscape was very boring, a lot of flat agricultural landscape.. But the next morning it got very beautiful!
nice deserts...


very big lakes...


nice canyons with crazy rock shapes...






And finally after one day and night on the bus I arrived in Bariloche. I just arrived at the right time, Sean, Nico, Silvia and Hormiga picked me up to go climbing. We had a good day on a nice rock over a lake in Bariloche:


Next plan was to go down to El Chalten...

Keine Kommentare: